Chris Garton, Lakeside Inn & Casino
- Why did you become involved in the AMA?
I had become aware of the Reno-Tahoe AMA chapter for well over a year before I joined. The monthly luncheons with great speaker presentations was just what I needed to both stay on top of the rapidly changing marketing landscape and also network with other local marketing professionals.
- What about marketing most interests you?
My favorite marketing course at Chico State was Consumer Behavior. I find the many conscious and unconscious factors that influence someone to actually make a purchase fascinating.
- Tell us about yourself and what you do.
I’ve been doing internet marketing for 16 years. It was obvious in the late 90s that this was the wave of the future and a field that would allow me to continually learn new things. Essentially what I do is just try to keep up with the changes that used to be yearly, then monthly, and now it seems to be daily.
- What’s one thing most people wouldn’t know about you?
I was born in Italy because my dad was in the Navy and where he was stationed at the time.
- What is your favorite thing about Reno/Tahoe?
I love all the outdoor recreation that Reno/Tahoe provides, especially the fantastic skiing!
- How has the AMA helped your career growth/personal growth?
At every luncheon I pick up one or two actionable bits of information that I can apply to my marketing efforts.
- What do you like most about the monthly luncheons?
I like the opportunity to get out of my office, learn a few things, and meet new people.
- What type of marketing inspires or interests you the most?
I love internet marketing because it is so dynamic, can be presented to prospects/consumers immediately, and highly trackable.