The American Marketing Association (AMA) is one of the largest marketing associations in the world, with around 30,000 members in more than 100 countries who work, teach and study in the field.
Membership in your local Reno-Tahoe AMA chapter provides you with tools for staying on top of the latest trends in marketing that affect not only your day-to-day marketing tasks, but your entire business strategy. Through online templates and tool-kits, and a variety of content produced by top marketing thinkers and academics, the AMA is the go-to source for marketing knowledge and education.
This link will take you to the AMA National site. Please choose the Reno-Tahoe AMA chapter during check out.
Local Membership Benefits and Highlights:
- Membership in a local professional chapter or academic special interest group (SIG)
- Print and digital access to Marketing News Magazine
- Plus all other benefits
Student Membership – $50
- Membership in AMA Collegiate Chapter at your College/University
- Access to collegiate events and competitions
Group Membership – Price Varies
- Professional and Academic membership discounted to: $255 for 3-9 members and $225 for 10+
- Multi-purchase Student Membership option available
Have questions or need help? Contact our VP of Membership Matt Starrett.
Join the AMA to excel in your career:
- AMA Speakers, Mixers, and Special Events
The why on how great our local programming is and how networking helps career growth. Members receive discounted or free admission.
- AMA Regional and National Programming
Including workshops, training series, conferences and bootcamps with industry and academic leaders, speakers, and training instructors.
- Professional Certified Marketer (PCM®).
With the American Marketing Association Professional Certified Marketer (PCM®) program, you’ll not only gain the knowledge you need to advance your career, but you’ll also prove to employers you’re equipped to take on modern marketing challenges. Discounted exam for AMA members.
- Extended Studies at the University of Nevada Reno – Discounted Courses
- Digital Marketing Essentials Online Certificate
- (Are there any more courses we can list that receive discounts? I.e. InDesign Online, Photoshop Online, Effective Communications skills in the Workplace, etc. )
- Annual Executive Portrait Session
$200 value – courtesy of our sponsor Digiman Studios
- Academic Journals and Resources
- Receive AMA’s Academic Journals with the latest peer-reviewed research aimed at advancing our industry and equipping business professionals with the insight needed to make better managerial decisions.
- Access to a comprehensive collection of interactive tools, templates, resources and ebooks.
AMA Collegiate Chapter (AMA Club)
Your career starts now.
- Mentor Program and Job Shadowing
Explanation of the mentor program and job shadowing local industry professionals. “Quote from student on the benefits they received.”
- Access to free Reno-Tahoe AMA luncheons and events.
- Marketing agency tours in Reno or San Francisco
“Quote from student on seeing an agency”
- AMA Collegiate Case Competition
Still have some questions regarding how to get started? Contact our VP of Membership Matt Starrett.