We are seeking a skilled WordPress Developer to design and implement engaging and functional websites for the Department of Tourism and Cultural Affairs. The developer will be responsible for both back-end and front-end development including the implementation of WordPress themes and plugins, particularly Gutenberg blocks, as well as site integration and security updates.
The applicant should have in-depth knowledge of front-end programming languages, a strong UI and UX sensibility, and applied content management skills. In addition, the developer will train users, primarily department staff, to understand work within the content management environment.
An ability to collaborate as part of a marketing team, as well as manage projects within timelines, is required.
Will manage the following sites in WordPress:
• Other sites as delegated
• Responsible for Word Press CMS additions, CMS maintenance, Add-On upgrades, system upgrades and security patches, providing timely maintenance and code audits.
• Can set up Intranets, Dashboards, Shopping Carts, Online Galleries, Memberships, Forms, and Subscriptions.
• Troubleshoot issues that often occur between the domain names, DNS, hosting and the CMS.
• Identify and resolve all technical issues pertaining to the Department’s websites.
• Monitor and update Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP as needed.
• Ensure domain registrations are current.
• Issue new CNAME records and TXT records when required.
• Responsible for the implementation of current multi-network analytics code for landing pages and lead capture forms.
• Trains NDTCA staff on all facets of the Content Management System.
• Oversee and implement tracking for all DTCA sites.
Will work closely with the internal staff and several other third-party interactive agencies to continually improve functionality, features and content on the websites.
Will consult with internal staff and digital agency on adding new features to enhance the user’s web experience on TravelNevada.com.
Will communicate with the sales department in the management of international sites.
Will engage with internal staff on troubleshooting any issues in Hubspot and Constant Contact.
Will assist in web graphics including photo resizing and retouching.
College Degree from an accredited college or university preferred in computer science, programming, or a related field or five years of related experience. Must be highly skilled in Word Press and knowledgeable in web design.
How to Apply
Email: email@example.com; please send Cover letter and resume