Social Media Specialist
1. Develops, monitors and approves engaging content entering RSCVA social media outlets (i.e. blogs, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, contests/giveaways, Flickr, YouTube and user generated content collecting platforms).
2. Tracks regular scheduling of calendars of events and destination information aimed at local, regional, national and international potential visitors and influencers as appropriate.
3. Consistently engages with visitors and locals in the Reno Tahoe area on social media.
4. Writes destination news releases that can be repurposed, such as to blog posts and tweets in the tone of the brand.
5. Edits videos and photos that can be shared on RSCVA websites and social media to enhance brand communication.
6. Assists with regional, national and international photo and video requests on behalf of Reno Tahoe.
7. Responsible for writing content for Special Events, Entertainment, Reno Attractions, and Activities in the Reno Sparks Tahoe area.
8. Develops content for newsletters incorporating photos and videos Special Events, Destination Marketing, Convention and Group Sales.
9. Updates websites with current content and promotions.
10. Works with stakeholders and organizations/special events to conduct contests and giveaways via social media and websites.
12. Coordinates media and Influencer FAM trips.
13. Updates and organizes Influencer database and takeovers on social media accounts and blogs.
14. Serves as point person with stakeholders social media and e-commerce managers.
15. Develops and utilizes tracking metrics to determines effectiveness of RSCVA social media programs.
16. Remains current of emerging online trends concerning content, PR and advertising.
17. Performs other job related duties as assigned.
Company Policy: We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender,gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources.
EEO is the Law: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Benefits: Employer paid: 1. NVPERS (Public Employees Retirement System of Nevada) 2. Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, STD, LTD 3. Sick/Vacation/Holidays
Required Qualification: 1. Bachelors degree in Business Development, Public Relations, Advertising, Marketing or related field Masters degree preferred.
2. Valid Nevada Drivers license.
3. Extensive knowledge of the philosophies, techniques, and principles of advertising.
4. Must have strong writing skills and understanding of advertising branding.
5. Must be detail oriented and have exceptional organizational skills as well as ability to balance priorities.
6. Must be team oriented, able to develop and maintain relationships and enjoy working with and assisting people.
7. Must be available to work nights, weekends and holidays.
8. Efficient with computers and MS Office suite.
9. Ability to effectively communicate in English; verbally and in writing.
10. Must possess a valid driver license.
Experience: Minimum 3 Years
Job Family: Arts, Design, Entertainment, Sports, and Media Occupations
Occupations: Media and Communication Workers, All Other