Under the joint supervision of the Administrative Manager and the Public Information
Officer, this Seasonal employee will assist with routine public outreach and customer
service operations to support a wide variety of programs within the North Tahoe Public
Utility District. Training provided for those with an interest in marketing, public outreach,
and community engagement. Facilities include North Tahoe Regional Park and Tahoe
Vista Recreation Area and parking lot and several public beaches, and may assist at the
North Tahoe Event Center.
Map locations of the District’s bike/hiking trails, hose bibs, BBQ, picnic tables,
and other park amenities utilizing GPS.
Provide assistance with Water Conservation and other water/sewer related public
Provide assistance with the planning, production, and execution of Parks Make
Life Better! Month activities as well as other District events and activities.
Creation of social media photos, video, and content (e.g., how to launch a boat,
Assist with the clean-up of stale documents associated with the District website,
MailChimp and other social media and outreach software.
Assistance with photo and video management.
Education and Experience:
Experience and/or interest in the field of recreation programs, marketing, public
information, or event production is desirable.
High School students may be considered via an internship program with Tahoe Truckee
Unified School District. Please contact the District if you are a HS student interested in
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to follow oral and written instruction.
2. Ability to demonstrate positive public relations and good customer service.
3. Willingness to work with park and facility visitors by informing and assisting.
4. Read, write and understand English language to assist with social media posts,
website updates and other communication-related projects.
5. Ability to work weekends and open or closing shifts in Parks.
6. Knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel,
Outlook and PowerPoint or other related programs.
7. Knowledge and understanding of social media including but not limited to Facebook,
Instagram and YouTube.
8. Knowledge and understanding of video production to assist with the creation of
informational videoes for Parks.
9. Ability to drive maintenance vehicles.
10. Willingness to participate in a background check, pre-employment physical including
Possession of a valid California or Nevada Driver’s License with driving record
satisfactory to the District and the District’s insurance carrier.
Ability to perform lifting, bending, reaching, stooping and endurance; sometimes
working under pressure to perform the job with spectators or athletic event participants
waiting and observing; ability to lift 50 lbs. unassisted.
This position includes utilizing the Google Trekker, a 45-pound backpack that will be on
loan to the District from Google. This position will hike the various trails in the North
Tahoe Regional Park to gather the required trail video.
In addition to working in an office environment and utilizing a computer, this position will
also regularly work in outside weather conditions, subject to hot and cold temperatures,
inclement weather, excessive noise, and exposure to dust, and plant pollen.
For More Information:
NORTH TAHOE PUBLIC UTILITY DISTRICT
875 NATIONAL AVE., P.O. BOX139, TAHOE VISTA, CA 96148