Truckee Meadows Community College (TMCC), located in Reno, Nevada is seeking applicants for a Marketing Specialist.
The Marketing Specialist is an integral part of the fast-paced Marketing and Communications Office (MCO) team, who will be equally comfortable writing for prospective students, current students, faculty/staff, community members and alumni. We are seeking a savvy wordsmith who is not only a great writer and editor, but who can keep the College’s brand voice consistent and highly engaging across all published content.
The successful applicant will be a highly creative and prolific writer who enjoys conducting interviews, and has a track record of publication. Candidate must have an aptitude for writing as a marketing tool, to generate original content equally appealing to internal and external audiences. Professionalism and accuracy is of extreme importance, as work will be utilized on the TMCC website, in media releases, in newsletters to various constituencies, on social media, and in emergency communications as needed. Additionally, the ideal candidate will be comfortable taking photographs and using Photoshop to create related art for the website. Attention to detail, solid planning and organizational skills, ability to work independently and juggle multiple projects at the same time is critical. The successful candidate will maintain a positive and collaborative attitude, thrive while working in a team environment, and have an extensive ability to multi-task.
1. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in a related field
2. Three years of experience writing across multiple media platforms
3. Demonstrated knowledge of current trends in content writing, digital marketing and communications
1. Demonstrated experience creating original marketing content
2. Experience with editing for style, grammar and content
3. Experience writing using various style guides
4. Demonstrated experience in photography
5. Knowledgeable in Adobe Photoshop
6. Experience writing for a higher education institution
7. Knowledge of current trends in digital marketing
Candidates must exhibit an appreciation of, a sensitivity to, and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds.
1. Plan, research and interview subjects to write articles on college-related stories for website, media releases, social media and newsletters
2. Take photographs of subjects and use Photoshop to create artwork for the TMCC website, etc.
3. Serve as Assistant Public Information Officer as part of the emergency communications team, working to solve changing issues related to college and county-wide communications
4. Monitor and track media hits
5. Assist with social media, related marketing concepts and advertising as needed
6. Perform extensive editing of content written by other members of the college community
7. Represent the college in the media in a positive, professional manner
8. Understand and accept the role to be played as a partner in an educational enterprise serving the best interests of students
9. Perform assigned duties in a manner consistent with standards, mission and goals of Truckee Meadows Community College
10. Other duties as assigned
Starting salary, $48,298. Dependent on education and experience.
In the Resume/Cover Letter section of the application each of the following must be attached.
- Current Resume/CV that includes contact information for three Professional References.
- Cover Letter
- Two published writing samples
Posting Close Date
Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
All documents, including unofficial transcripts for academic positions, must be received on or before the closing date posted on the job announcements. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
This position may require that a criminal background check be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.