SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for the Marketing Manager for the Reno-Sparks Convention Center, Reno Events Center, National Bowling Stadium and Reno-Sparks Livestock Events Center. The Marketing Manager is responsible for creating, directing and implementing marketing programs for the facilities, and facility public reports and documents.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* The media point person for public relations as related to the facilities and events. Monitors social media trends, blogs and public relation activities and opportunities.
* Create and manage social media platforms, including creating and delivering a social media business plan to increase the number of followers and marketing traction for events.
* Manages and regularly posts on social media platforms all events and information taking place at SMG venues
* Attends noteworthy events and posts about them
* Develops a weekly e-newsletter or blog
* Assists the Director of Sales and Event Services as a liason with executing advertising programs and sponsorships.
* Proactively seeks industry best practices and new trends to better assist the sales efforts.
* Performs website and events calendar updates.
* Communicates with outside advertising agencies on on-going campaigns. Writes and prepares copy for print/radio/TV spots. Places advertising for event marketing.
* Handles press-related duties during events.
* Prepares and disseminates company event and press releases.
* Coordinates promotions and special events with event promoters and facility personnel.
* In coordination with Director of Sales and Event Services and the General Manager, prepares copy and layout for company quarterly newsletters.
* Assists Director of Sales and Event Services with the management, development, production, and distribution of promotional and collateral materials to support sales and marketing programs.
* Works in conjunction with Event Managers, Sales Manager and staff in the planning and execution of events.
* Works with facility and the CVB to coordinate promotional and marketing efforts. Supervises marketing efforts.
* Assists Director of Sales and Event Services as needed.
* Maintains, at all times, high standards, positive attitude, and professional appearance.
* Works within the guidelines set forth in SMG’s Management Credo.
* Plans and conducts market research to identify opportunities for increased sales.
* Monitors customer engagement and satisfaction.
* Provides post-event reports, analysis, and regular status reports on marketing programs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
* Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year college in Marketing, Public Relations or Journalism preferred
* Previous experience/internship in Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism or related industry experience (i.e. advertising agency, radio/television) required
* Or equivalent combination of education and experience
Skills and Abilities:
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
* Experience with creating and managing social media posts and campaigns.
* Experience in layout and basic design of newsletters, advertising print, and company documents.
* Ability to type 40 wpm
* Basic understanding of demographics and media buying ability
* Requires flexible schedule to cover events
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of database software, spreadsheet, graphics and word processing software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Please apply online or send a copy of your most recent resume and cover letter which includes salary requirements to:
SMG — Reno-Sparks Convention Center
4590 S. Virginia St.
Reno, NV 89502
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact (775) 827-7620.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled