The Marketing Director coordinates projects and activities for marketing products or services for the Nevada Humane Society.
Essential Job Functions:
• Coordinates the creation and production of sales, marketing and packaging materials, including business cards, stationery, announcement postcards and promotional items.
• Responsible for interfacing with various media outlets (interviews on radio, phone, and TV) as well as, respond to public questions and concerns in a professional manner
• Organizes and develops the marketing strategy for the organization by coordinating marketing schedules and placement, as required for ads placed in community program books, newsletters, etc.
• Reviews specifications sheets, obtains and prepares bids, and acts as liaison with vendors when delivering marketing material and scheduling proofs and meetings. Responsible for overseeing all printed/digital media to ensure message and details are accurate.
• Compiles and produces marketing reports for assigned programs. Responsible for maintaining and staying within the marketing budget
• Tracks, collates and maintains inventory of marketing materials, as required.
• Maintains inventory of photo work, artwork and film, and maintains marketing literature, archive files and sample files.
• Helps prepare for Nevada Humane Society fundraising events, and attends Third-Party Events as necessary.
• Plays an active role as the Nevada Humane Societies internal and external event planner and manager.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
• Physical ability to walk and/or stand on your feet throughout a normal workday.
• Physical ability to engage in repetitive motions of legs, arms, and hands, to hear, and to see.
• This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift and move files up to 20 pounds, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary
• Allergic conditions, which would be aggravated when handling or working around animals, may be a disqualification.
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Management or other related degree required
• 3-5 years’ related experience required.
• Animal Welfare and/or non-profit experience preferred.
• Valid CA or NV Driver’s license and ability to pass Nevada Humane Society Motor Vehicle Report criteria. Current auto insurance.
Availability: NHS is open seven days a week, as animals need daily care. Availability and a willingness to work a flexible schedule are a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Strong interpersonal skills. The ideal person for this job would be personable, outgoing, patient, professional, and able to get along well with a variety of people. Excellent written and oral communications skills.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability to adhere to SOPs and protocols
• Ability and initiative, working with minimal supervision and direction.
• Maturity, good judgment and a professional personal appearance.
• Ability to read, write and understand English.
• Flexibility, ability to manage multiple tasks.
• Ability to meet deadlines.
• High level of accuracy with data entry and strong computer skills.
• The ability to remain pleasant and calm even in stressful situations.
• The ability to ask appropriate questions to gather information along with the ability to feel and show empathy for others.
• The ability to turn people down, firmly when necessary, without becoming aggressive or unpleasant.
**We want to make employees aware that from time to time we euthanize animals who are sick or injured. Also, from time to time we need to end the life of a dog who has displayed aggressive tendencies and who poses a risk to public safety or to the safety of other animals.
How to Apply: