About the Position
IT Technician provides support to end users on a variety of technology issues and works in a unique IT sector that includes broadcast television technology. This position resolves technical problems, through identification and research, on computers, servers, mobile devices, email and other computing systems; responds to telephone calls, help desk tickets, email, and personnel requests for technical support; documents, tracks, and monitors the problem to ensure resolution and maintains information systems availability, security, and reliability.
- Support a wide variety of computer hardware, software, and operating systems.
- Identify and troubleshoot network configurations and connectivity problems.
- Assist the IT Director in determining strategic and operational needs, asset acquisition, and accomplish business objectives.
- Maintain servers by evaluating their health, checking error logs, and installing updates on schedule.
- Manage mobile devices and work with the carrier for service, upgrades, and troubleshooting.
The Ideal Candidate Should Have
- Industry certifications acquired, such as CompTia’s A+, are preferred.
- Technical school (or college) in the IT field are preferred.
- Willingness and ability to work overtime, weekend, after hours, and on-call work.
- A minimum of one-year experience in IT or technical support role.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Active Directory Users & Computers, Group Policy, and critical AD services.
- Network infrastructure such as vLANs, managed switches, and firewalls.
- Common network services like DHCP, DNS, and File & Print Sharing.
- Various hardware, operating systems, device drivers, and user profiles.
- VOIP, VMware, RAID, and headless appliances.
- Scripting languages like Batch, VBS, and PowerShell; how they work and how to use them effectively.
- Resolve problems using identification, theory, test, and validation.
- Respond to users’ tickets and help with safety and security best practices; such as passwords, viruses, and spam.
- Create user accounts in Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, and other web portals.
- Troubleshoot TCP/IP, routes, and general network troubleshooting.
- Work with files and folders over Samba/UNC and mapped drives.
- Troubleshoot Microsoft Outlook and general mail flow problems.
- Evaluate network security practices, effectiveness, and test procedures.
- Ability to use CMD prompt; knowledge of additional terminals preferred.
- Applicant must have the character to operate in secure environments without breach of confidentiality.
- Lift and carry equipment, install equipment into racks; run cables through racks and offices; work on a ladder.
- Work with new systems and think of new ways to work, be creative and ask questions.
- Build PCs; troubleshoot and replace components.
- Read and create network block diagrams.
- Minor skills in script writing, programming, and web design preferred.
Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. KTVN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.