This position is an integral position with Northern Nevada Children’s Cancer Foundation (NNCCF) that relates directly to NNCCF’s core mission. Within this position, the coordinator holds primary responsibility for managing family events and working with the Community Engagement Director (CED) to raise the necessary funds required for NNCCF to fulfill its mission of serving northern Nevada families impacted by childhood cancer.
This position will report to the Executive Director of NNCCF and will be primarily responsible for working with both the Programs and Services and Fund-Raising/Community Partner Teams to assist and coordinate events. This position works closely with the Executive Director to promote cohesiveness and is expected to exercise significant and considerable independent judgment, with discretion to fulfilling his or her job duties, which as discussed above, are an integral part of ensuring that NNCCF can fulfill its overall mission.
This is a full-time position. While NNCCF expects the coordinator in this position to exercise his or her discretion in determining how many hours need to be performed (and when these hours need to be performed) in order for the essential functions of this position to be fulfilled, NNCCF notes that since many of the events that the coordinator will oversee are outside of normal business hours, the essential functions of this position mandate that this employee be available for events that will periodically fall in the evenings and on some weekends.
*This position is ‘at will’; that is, the employer is free to discharge individuals ‘for good cause, or bad cause, or no cause at all,’ with or without notice, and the employee is equally free to quit, strike, or otherwise cease work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This list is not exclusive, but responsibilities include the following:
- Work directly with the Director of Programs and Services to oversee, coordinate and execute all Family Events
- Work directly with Director of Community Engagement to oversee, coordinate and execute all Signature Events and to support Community Partner event planning when needed.
- Coordinate with vendors, exhibitors, and stakeholder’s event logistics.
- Coordinate, oversee and execute the Hope for the Holidays, Adopt-A-Family program.
- Analysis of event budgets and the ability to adjust various expenses in order to prevent project overruns.
- Coordinate with Director of Community Engagement to create sponsor lists for Signature Events
- Interact effectively with people at all levels including vendors, donors, board members, community partners and volunteers.
- Stewardship of both current and potential) donors and community partners.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of any information pertaining to the children served by NNCCF and their families.
- Other job related duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree (required)
Competencies and Job Requirements:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Absent special circumstances, the coordinator must have a valid driver’s license. The coordinator must also have a satisfactory criminal record check.
- Ability to network effectively and efficiently.
- Communicate effectively in an upbeat and professional manner, both orally and in writing, to staff members and the community.
- Effectively present information to staff members, management, public groups and/or the Board of Directors.
- Plan for volatility, having the ability to foresee potential problems ahead of time and act accordingly in order to accommodate for budget changes or community relationship complications.
- Ability to be extremely flexible and cooperative, making adjustments necessary to obtain a goal or hit a deadline.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task with exceptional attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and donor database programs.
- A positive attitude with the ability to be a team player and work collaboratively with others.
- Cellular Phone Allowance: $100 Monthly
- NNCCF provided health care package covered at 80% for the employee only.
- NNCCF provided Health Savings Account of $3,000 annually.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 /year
- Driver’s License (Preferred)